Cellulite is one of the most frustrating aesthetic puzzles for women of all ages and sizes. Thin women in their 20’s and 30’s get cellulite all the time, look at superstars Mischa Barton, Beyonce, and Kim K. All three gorgeous and in unbelievable shape, yet cellulite manages to plaster their backsides like stucco paint.
What can you do?
If you have cellulite you’re actually in the VAST majority– 80% of women over the age of 20 develop cellulite at some point in their lives. Although men can get cellulite, about 90-98% of cellulite cases occur in women. Sorry women, that’s 100% courtesy of genetics.
What causes cellulite?
Multiple factors affect the development of cellulite, and it’s visibility on the human body. These are:
• Hormonal factors – hormones likely play an important role in cellulite development. Many believe estrogen, insulin, noradrenaline, thyroid hormones, and prolactin are part of the cellulite production process.
• Genetics – certain genes are required for cellulite development. Genes may predispose an individual to particular characteristics associated with cellulite, such as gender, race, slow metabolism, distribution of fat just underneath the skin, and circulatory insufficiency.
• Diet – people who eat too much fat, carbohydrates, or salt and too little fiber are likely to have greater amounts of cellulite.
• Lifestyle factors – cellulite may be more prevalent in smokers, those who do not exercise, and those who sit or stand in one position for long periods of time.
• Clothing – underwear with tight elastic across the buttocks (limiting blood flow) may contribute to the formation of cellulite.
Reducing Cellulite and its appearance
Cellulite tends to be less noticeable on darker skin. If you have light skin and plan to be out in a bathing suit or short shorts, applying a self-tanner may make the bumps and dimples on your thighs less noticeable.
At Fitbella we combat cellulite with a two pronged approach:
Diet & Exercise:
Our exercise regime focuses on movement that has the greatest impact of fat (the actual composition of cellulite) reduction and muscle/tone development. All with movements and exercise are inside of our heated Fitcapsule using resistance pulleys. The combination of heat and active movement resistance creates Enzymatic Reactivation, which activates fat cells more readily and actively, leading to increased fat burn and cellulite reduction.
Our Fitbath sauna is great for reducing cellulite and preventing water retention. It accelerates fat metabolism and improves circulation. The increase in cellular metabolism will make your skin softer and silky-smooth to the touch.
Along with the workout our Fitcoaches will provide you with individualized nutritional information, recipes, and tips to achieve your fat loss and cellulite reduction goals. At Fitbella, we customize your fitness and nutritional plan to meet your individual needs. To learn more about how we can help you meet your goals contact a Fitcoach at 561-775-0122 for a free consultation.
2401 PGA Blvd., Suite 128
Palm Beach Gardens Fl, 33410
Harbour Financial Center (Carmine’s Plaza)